PhD Fellowships within H2020 Marie Curie programme MINDSHIFT13-07-2021
Update: Two positions within this prestigious network are still available:
- Project 13: "Optimized strategies for the screening and subtyping of the endocrine forms of hypertension" at University of Padua under the supervision of Gian Paolo Rossi and Teresa M. Seccia in close collaboration with the partner ESRs at at UAM, Attoquant and at UM. Click here for more information about this project.
- Project 15: “Role of perivascular adipose tissue-derived exosomes and osteogenic factors on vascular damage in hypertension: focus on fibrosis and calcification” at Instituto Pluridisciplinar Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain) under the supervision of Marisol Fernandez-Alfonso in close collaboration with the partner ESRs at Carim School for Cardiovascular diseases, University of Maastricht and beyond. Click here for more information about this project.
Would you like to increase our knowledge in understanding the dynamic interactions between vascular and endocrine pathways in hypertension and boost European innovation in future health science and industry towards more effective prevention of and cure for hypertension? Would you like to start your career in a European training network of leading research universities and professionals from the industry? Would you like to be part of a unique training programme focussed on personal development leading to a joint or double doctorate?
MINDSHIFT offers a top-level interdisciplinary research programme to bridge the gap in understanding the dynamic interactions between vascular and endocrine pathways in hypertension, using an integrative framework approach fed by new data and insights from cutting-edge experimental and clinical studies.
MINDSHIFT is an EU funded PhD network coordinated by CARIM, School for Cardiovascular Diseases of Maastricht University, The Netherlands. MINDSHIFT brings together six university partners from across Europe to recruit a group of 15 of the best early stage researchers. The doctoral researchers will work together with senior researchers from across the network. Each candidate will be employed at one of the six universities and enrolled in a local PhD programme, while at the same time being part of an integrated research team and research project at network level.
We invite applications for 3-year PhD fellowships to start between May 2021 and October 2021 to work with one of the host organisations. The Fellows will benefit from secondments in academia and industry, training and transferable-skills courses and active participation in workshops and conferences. You will be offered a salary plus mobility allowance and family allowance (if applicable) in line with the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Horizon 2020 requirements for Early Stage Researchers. For more information on Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks (ITNs), please see: http://ec.europa.eu/mariecurieactions.
Applicants must satisfy the following eligibility requirements: at the time of the recruitment by the host organisations, the candidates 1) must not have resided in the host country for more than 12 months in the last 3 years, and 2) must be in the first four years of his/her research career and not have a doctoral degree. The fellowship is offered in conjunction with a PhD position, subject to the fellow satisfying the host University's admissions requirements for PhD study.
This Network is formed by 6 internationally recognised research institutions:
- Maastricht University
- University of Glasgow
- Université de Paris
- Universita Degli Studi Padova
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid
This Network is complemented by 9 partner organisations that will contribute to the research training and personal development programme:
- Attoquant Diagnostics GmbH
- Intelligent Imaging Innovations GmbH
- TMC Data Science b.v.
- Microlife AGv
- The Recess College
- Bioscientifica Ltd.
- Tech2Market sp.o.o.
Project details and institutions, indicative starting dates of the positions, application and eligibility criteria and contact persons are available on the MINDSHIFT website. Applications can only be submitted via the vacancy form on the MINDSHIFT website.