Postdoctoral Research Position in a Biomedical Research Lab focusing on cardiovascular and cardiorenal disease28-02-2024
In our research group “Experimental Cardiovascular Pathobiochemistry”, we focus on the mechanisms underlying cardiovascular disease (atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction), also with focus on patients with chronic kidney disease. Mechanisms under study include processes of inflammation and thrombotic risk.
Our research group is part of the German research consortium SFB/TRR219, offering a close network of collaborations and training opportunities (www.sfb-trr219.de).
Requirements for the candidate:
- Expertise in molecular and/or cellular biology work in the field of inflammatory or cardiorenal research.
- Expertise in bioinformatical analysis (eg RNAseq,…)
- Complementary expertise in the field, aimed at building out an own research profile complementary to the host’s expertise.
plus according to the Fellowship specifications:
- Doctorate completed within the last 12 years.
- Good publication record
- Have not undertaken research stays in Germany (and not a German national)
- Good English skills
- No previous application to the Humboldt Foundation
The Alexander von Humboldt fellowship offers:
- Fully funded postdoctoral fellow position for 2 years, with amount according to the prestigious Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship (being a monthly fellowship amount as listed on the Alexander von Humboldt webiste and a lump sum for travel/moving expenses (for details see www.humboldt-foundation.de))
- Language fellowship for intensive German language course, when preferred (also for marital partners)
- Family allowance for accompanying family members
- Fellowship extension up to 12 months for Fellows with children < 12 years of age
- Membership of the Alexander von Humboldt Network
(Full details: see www.humboldt-foundation.de)
Please send your application with CV including publication list latest by 28 February 2024 to: email@example.com